Tuesday 13 May 2014

Slough Town (Home-2013/14) (The Team I Sponsor)


Now for a bit of a different jersey. This is the home shirt of Slough Town F.C, who this season played in the Calor League Division 1 Central (Level 8 on the Pyramid). I did a bit of research on fan-owned teams and found the website "myfootballclub.co.uk" which a couple years ago owned and ran Ebbsfleet United FC. They had to give up the ownership and now sponsor Slough Town so I joined up.

To join up with the website costs 25 pounds or $40 Australian. The supporters have set up a forum and are always discussing the future and the direction of Slough Town. I decided to join up just so I could feel a part of something unique. It feels good to give financial support to a team from a place I had never previously heard of. 

I bought both the home jersey and the away jersey (I'll put a review of that up in the coming future) and wear them occasionally just so I can spread the word and tell people about Slough Town FC. I was delighted last weekend to hear this news that Slough had won their play-off final and secured promotion to the Southern Premier League (Level 7 on the Pyramid). They came from behind to win against Kettering Town which is just great.

I know I'll never see Slough Town in the Premier League. But hopefully one day down the line they might make the move from part-time football to the Football League. But for now, a promotion to the Southern Premier League is good enough.

Congratulations Slough Town FC. I'll be back to support you guys next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment