Sunday 11 May 2014

Newcastle United (Home-2013/14)


What would my Premier League collection be without the famous black and white stripes of Newcastle United. This is one of the first Premier League shirts I added just because I like the design so much. It's simple, it's effective and it hardly ever changes. 

I talked a few posts back about sponsorship integration. In this case, Newcastle have altered their strip and added a blue trim to match with Wonga.com's logo. I'm not a fan of this. The blue box in the middle of the jersey really takes away from the black and white stripes and the blue trim just seems like a last minute addition to make it seem like it fits in. It simply doesn't. 

Onto the actual shirt now, and as I said before it is a very simple black and white stripe jersey. More white than black this season but still a very nice combination. I had the Premier League badges added on as normal, and the gold Puma logos along with the current Puma collar really make this shirt a standout. Take Wonga.com's blue logo out and it would be one of my favourites.




No comments:

Post a Comment