Tuesday 13 May 2014

Italy (Home-2013)



Italy are one of the more famous footballing countries in the world and the Azzurri's blue jersey is instantly recognizable. This Puma design is somewhat unorthodox with the unusual collar but it is very comfortable to wear and the material allows for a fair amount of air-flow on the field. In fact, I've worn this to training and it didn't leave me sweating a lot like some other shirts have. 

As a Manchester City fan, I was and still am a big fan of Mario Balotelli. The man, the player, the controversy, it's all so entertaining and in my opinion Balotelli is one of the great characters in world football today. Love him or hate him, you can't ignore him or his ability. 

For that, I made sure to get Balotelli #9 on the back on the shirt for a slightly extra cost. The font used by the Italian side is very unique and in fact is in all lower case. I really like the abstract number as well. It makes this particular name and number different than most others. 

Whether or not we'll be seeing the Azzurri make a big impact at the World Cup is yet to be seen but I have a good feeling Italy will be there or there-abouts come late June and early July.





No comments:

Post a Comment