Wednesday 21 May 2014

England (Home-2012)


With the England 2013 Away jersey sitting in my wardrobe and already being featured on this site, it's now time to talk about the first England shirt I bought, the 2012/13 Home jersey. This was the last England home shirt made before the national side made the switch from long-term kit suppliers Umbro to a new 5-year deal with Nike. 

I own a few 2012/13 Umbro shirts and I'm not the biggest fan of the material. I'm not a expert on fabrics or anything but I can tell you that this shirt is thicker than most of the others and isn't that comfortable to wear. I've only worn it once and found myself sweating on a rather warm day here in Australia. It'd be a good shirt to wear on a cold day but for any day above 20°C and any day that involves a lot of physical activity (jogging or training) I'd suggest a different jersey.

Onto the actual design, I'm a big fan of Umbro's collar on this and a few other jerseys. It really does make the look of the shirt that much better. This jersey is actually a unique one as it is the first and only England shirt not to feature any of the traditional blue on it. That alone makes this one stand out amongst other English jerseys.


No comments:

Post a Comment