Friday 13 June 2014

My Top 10 World Cup Jerseys-Part 1



I thought I'd do something different for once. I've decided to come up with a list of my 10 favourite 2014 World Cup jerseys. This isn't in any particular order. With that being said, let's start.


I'm in the process of buying myself a Belgium away jersey. That's how good I think they are. The colours of the Belgian flag are represented perfectly on this design and let's be honest, who doesn't love a sash on a football jersey. Burrda Sports aren't a very well known brand but they do a good job of all three Belgian shirts for Brazil 2014.

They may only wear this kit against South Korea looking at the other teams in their group but that still doesn't take away from the fact that this is Belgium's best kit this World Cup. 



A lot of people trashed this kit when it came out and I must admit I am one of them. I think it would look better with blue shorts but the reason I included it on this list is simply because of it's colours. It's red, it's white and it's blue. It's as American as apple pie and for that it is up there as one of the better World Cup shirts in 2014. I own one of these and it's a very nice shirt.



A lot of the jerseys I'm including on this list are being including just for their simplicity. France's home jersey is an example of that. The dark navy blue is good but is brought out beautifully by the accompanying white trim. The collar, the Nike swoosh and the French logo really make this shirt look good. This is another World Cup jersey I already own.



Watching the game last night, I couldn't help but admire Brazil's kit. It's mainly the history behind the kit that really makes it one of the more recognizable kits in world football. The yellow and green shirt, the blue shorts, the white socks. This is simply Brazil. The stadium looked beautiful last night with a sea of yellow drowning out any checkered Croatia shirts.



Whilst mentioning Croatia, their jersey I have to include on this list due to it's originality. I cannot name any team in football that wear a checkered shirt like Croatia's. They could just wear a red and white shirt and look like Stoke or Sunderland or the 100s of other red and white teams but that wouldn't work. This jersey makes anyone instantly think, Croatia. 


I'll be posting Part 2 of this list later on tonight so keep an eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment