Friday 13 June 2014

Brazil v Croatia Thoughts




I was absolutely hyped for the opening game of the World Cup when I got up to watch it earlier today. But to be honest, the game wasn't better than any other I've seen. What made me really enjoy it was the crowd. The sea of yellow was just spectacular to see at the Sao Paulo Stadium and the noise inside the stadium must have been deafening.

The crowd made the game feel so special, feel like a World Cup match. From the stunned silence when Marcelo conceded the own goal and the outpouring of delight when Oscar sealed the victory, Sao Paulo should be proud of their efforts. It was amazing to watch.

Onto the game and I actually had a bet on Brazil to win 3-1. I've been thinking for weeks that it would be 3-1 and luckily for me that's how it ended. I won $100 which was a very nice way to start the World Cup. The emotion through the National Anthems was just amazing. I could feel the importance of the game to each and every player on the field.

Finally, Brazil, what can I say. They are such a good team to watch. Neymar, Oscar, Paulinho, hell even David Luiz. They're all such good players and I can see them going a long way in this World Cup. It was good to see Oscar shine on such a big stage as he is one of my favourite non-Man City Premier League players.

All in all it was an exciting start to the World Cup and there is so much more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment