Tuesday 23 September 2014

Newcastle Jets (Home-2012/13)



My first Hyundai A-League game was all the way back in 2005 but my first game since then was Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets at the start of the 2012/13 season. It was Alessandro Del Piero's first home game for Sydney and Emile Heskey's second game for the Jets. 35,000 pakced out Allianz Stadium and the atmosphere was deafening compared to most of the rugby league games I'd been to that year.

The Jets scored an upset victory and I was signed up as a member just a couple of days later. It was an enjoyable first season as a Jets fan and I bought their red and blue ISC home jersey. I also bought a second shirt when they were on sale and got "Heskey 9" on the back and although it's hard to see above, the great man signed it himself after a game one night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment