Thursday 10 April 2014

Wrestling DVD Collection


Long before my jersey collection, there was my WWE DVD collection which to this day is still growing. I've bought WWE DVD's in Adelaide, Melbourne, Shepparton, Sydney, a lot of places to be honest. The picture above shows the bottom four rows of my cabinet with one extra row above it and above that sits the Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble anthologies.

I've been a wrestling fan since December 2004, I still remember watching Evolution run Monday Night Raw at the time. Back then I was a big fan of Triple H and JBL (those two were both bad guys or 'heels' and I'd always cheer them on and hope they could retain their titles). One of my earliest wrestling memories is watching JBL retain the WWE Championship at Armageddon 2004 in a Fatal Four Way match.

Wrestlemania 21 was bittersweeet for me. The good thing is, Foxtel had a technical problem which gave me the show for free, the bad thing is that both JBL and Triple H lost their titles. I nearly got suspended from school the next day because I was irate that Triple H lost the World Heavyweight Title.

I was 10 back then but these days I know the business a lot better. I know it's fake, I know it's scripted but to me it's one of the best things going. Watching new stars arrive and not so memorable characters come and go is just part of the journey. So my collection helps me go through the years and relive these moments. One day when I'm a lot older, this collection will be priceless. That's the beauty of collecting.

I've gone as far as going onto eBay to buy old WWF (yes WWF) VHS tapes. Already this collection is worth around $8000 (that's a guess) and the price is just going to keep growing as the years pass by. Anyway, I love the WWE, I watch RAW every week and I order every PPV. In August I'll be front row at the WWE House Show in Sydney and I cannot wait.

One of my goals in life is to go to Wrestlemania and I will be doing my best to get over to the USA to be at Wrestlemania. Anyway I've gone on a bit here and I could probably go on for days about my wrestling memories but I thought I'd give a little insight to my 'other' collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment