Thursday 10 April 2014

Cooks Hill United


This year marks my first year of actually playing soccer and in fact it's my first year of competitive weekend sport in 13 years (Under 7's footy was my only outside school sporting experience). So how did it come to this? I'm still not sure but what I can say is I'm loving life at Cooks Hill United.

I decided that I'd join a team in early February and my first thought was to join up with my local team Mayfield United. Unfortunately Mayfield's team was full so after a few phone calls, I found myself rushing into National Park to train with Cooks Hill. After two years of laziness and hardly any physical output, I found myself running rampant at soccer training. 

Over the next few weeks I started to find my legs again and now I'm two days away from starting my first soccer season. My first trial game was actually for one of the club's higher ranked sides and somehow we found a way to win. Since then I've had an 8-1 loss, a 1-1 draw and most recently a 4-2 loss.

Last weekend I found myself playing left-fullback and I really enjoyed the change in position. A few of my favourite non-Jets A-League players are fullbacks and I can see myself playing fullback a lot this season. So anyway, I thought I'd do a blog entry on my newly found soccer career.

I'll be putting up some game results and other things over the course of the season so keep an eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment